Earth Hour is in its 5th year and is the largest environmental event in human history with over 1 billion people from 128 countries participating in 2010.
This year’s Earth Hour switch-off will take place from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on March 26.
- Ways you and your city can support Earth Hour:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 26 2011 wherever you are in the world and sign up to say your taking part.
- Run your own Earth Hour event, street or house party with friends and family.
- Take Earth Hour beyond the Hour by taking action for the planet and telling all about it.
- Tell the world through social media, or add tools and downloads to your blogs and websites.
- Encourage your local government or community groups to run earth Hour in your region.
- Rally your office or business to get involved.
- Make a Lantern and send it your friends