As a salesforce.com partner, we at BasicGov are very excited about this news — Vivek Kundra joined salesforce as Executive Vice President Emerging Markets.
Kundra was the first United States chief information officer where led the adoption of cloud computing technologies and open government. As US government CIO, Kundra authored the groundbreaking Cloud-First policy, which is a model for government IT organizations for increasing efficiencies with less resources.
Kundra will be the keynote speaker at the Data Center World conference scheduled for March 18-22 at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas. In his keynote he’ll “share his experience leading change across the world’s largest consumer of information technology—the U.S. government—and the lessons every organization can use when leading a transformation in a change-averse environment.”
Salesforce.com’s annual Dreamforce event is earlier this year than most – August 30 – September 2, 2011. Today is the last day for early bird registration in fact. You can follow Dreamforce in social media at:
As a Salesforce.com partner, we (BasicGov) attend this conference every year and I’m looking forward to being there again this year.
This year’s keynotes that have been announced so far are:
- Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO Salesfore.com
- Vivek Kundra, US government Chief Information Officer
- Marcel LeBrun, CEO and Founder Radian6
- Loic Le Meur, CEO and Founder Seesmic
- Jeremiah Owyang and Charline Li, Partners Altimeter Group
- Michael Fauscette, VP IDC
There will be these new areas at Dreamforce …
- Welcome to the Social Enterprise. You need to reach customers at every point of interaction—not just in your own products, but also through sales, services, Twitter, Facebook, Chatter, and community sites everywhere. @dreamforce will offer an intense focus on social media, the movement that’s reshaping the business world. Hear jaw-dropping secrets from leading practitioners on the cutting edge of the industry; they’ll share everything from the basics of setting a social media strategy to tracking metrics and going viral.
- Expanded expo hours. This was your top piece of feedback from last year and we listened: The Expo will be open all four days, for up to eight hours each day. This year, we’ll have 300+ cloud computing leaders on hand—in addition to the Salesforce.com Campground in the center of the Expo. With all these value-add technologies under one roof, you’re guaranteed to find the next must-have solution for your organization.
- Extended learning time. You asked for more time to take advantage of all Dreamforce has to offer. We’ve added a fourth day, full of content, allowing you to attend more sessions, get more hands-on training, and unlock even more value . . . Dreamforce ’11 is packed — Monday with pre-conference training and certification, and Tuesday through Friday with sessions, keynotes, networking events, expo time, and more.
- Technology deep dives. Looking for more information on all the new salesforce.com products? We’ve added plenty of sessions that focus on Heroku,Siteforce, database.com, and Radian6. Pick up all the details and training you need; then get started using them right alongside our experts.
Not sure if you should attend?
Check out “Justify your trip” here